Frequently Asked Questions

Where is my PIN number? What if I don’t have my renewal form?

Your PIN number is located to the left of the Owner Barcode. If you can’t find it or you don’t have your form, call Animal Services at (269) 383-8775. We’d be happy to look it up for you!

How do I attach my dog’s rabies certificate, spay/neuter certificate and/or photo? What formats are accepted?

Easily attach documents by clicking the upload button (). Remove uploaded files by clicking the delete button () and view uploaded files by clicking the view button ().

  • Valid image file types are: gif, jpg/jpeg, png
  • Valid rabies certificate and spay/neuter certificate file types are: docx, gif, jpg/jpeg, pdf, or png

Why should I upload my dog’s photo?

Having a photo of your dog on file can help identify it if he/she is ever stolen, lost or found.

Can I buy a license for a new dog online?

Yes, but you need to contact Animal Services first. Please call (269) 383-8775 in order to create the new dog’s record.

Can I buy a dog license from Kalamazoo County if I live in another county?

No. Dog Licenses must be purchased from the county where the dog resides.

My dog passed away. How do I notify Animal Services so I do not receive license reminders in the future?

You can update your animal’s record online by marking the “Deceased” box.

I received a citation for failure to buy my dog’s license. Can I renew my license online?

No, if you received a citation from an animal control officer, you must purchase your tag directly from Animal Services.

What happens to my donation?

All donations collected during license sales helps to secure necessary vet care for sick and injured animals that pass through our doors.

What types of payment are accepted?

Online licenses must be paid by a debit/credit card. VISA, MasterCard and AMEX are accepted.